On Nov. 1, 2017, an impressive event will be held in the Taebaek City of Gangwon Province, some 147 miles east of Seoul, to celebrate 100 days remaining until the PyeognChang Winter Olympics. The “Taebaek Boom-Up Concert” features diverse performances by K-pop stars, saxophonists and a church choir.
|Mayor Kim Yeon-sik of the Taebaek City|
The “Passion Connected” event will last about three hours from 5:30 p.m. that day the “Oxygen” City of Taebaek.
The Olympic Torch is due to start its trek to Korea for 2018 Winter Olympics on November 1.
|The venue of the opening ceremony at the Hwangji Lake in the Taebaek City.|
The Olympic Torch was lit in ancient Olympia, Greece, on October 24, and has started its long journey to Korea.
The concert will take place at the Taebaek Cultural Center located near Hwangji Pond. Being located at the center of Taebaek City, Hwangji Pond is a source of the Nakdong River (525km), the longest river in Korea.
It is a popular destination for the citizens of Taebaek for cultural and recreational purposes. The night view of the pond is also beautiful, which makes it a perfect place for a couple’s night out. The water is very clean and lenoks can be found here, which only live in high quality water.
|Re-enactment of the observance of the Heavenly Rite by King Ilseong.|
The Taebaek Boom-Up Concert begins with performances such as a PR flash mob by 50 Taebaek youths for a successful conclusion of the PyeongChang Winter Olympics Games and a ritual for the worship of King Ilseong. These were followed by performances by leading Korean singers like Nam Jin, Kim Tae-won, Song So-hi, Laboum, Halo and Amor
|A poster advertising the up-coming Taebaek Boom-up Concert on Nov. 1, 2017|
In addition, a group of amateur saxophonists and a Yeoido Pure Gospel Church choir will present performances to keep up the fever of the Winter Olympics.
Next, videos of tweets made by leading figures, including President Moon Jae-in, PyeongChang Winter Olympic Organizing Committee President & CEO Lee Hee-beom, Gangwon Province Governor Choi Moon-soon, and Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Do Jong-hwan will be shown. They will all express hopes for a great success of the Winter Olympics and global peace.
|Noted Korean pop singer, Nam Jin, also appears at the opening ceremony with some of hit songs.|
At 8:18 p.m., the concert will peak as all lights will be turned off as the Taebaek City Choir sing “a Song for Peace” and “Gangwon-do Arirang” amid LED candle lights. Taebaek Mayor Kim Yeon-sik will remark that the municipality hosts the Taebaek Boom-Up Concert with the theme, “Passion Connected” with the aim of making the PyongChang Winter Olympics a great success. He will also express hopes that Taebaek will be able to attract more tourists from many areas.
|A noted Korean male quartet, Boohwal (Rebirth), will present some of their hit numbers.|
• From 9 to 25 February 2018, the city of PyeongChang will welcome nearly 5,000 athletes from nearly 100 nations for the first Winter Olympics to be held on South Korean soil. Athletes will compete for over 102 gold medals in 15 disciplines in 7 sports.
|A noted Korean classic music star, Miss Song So-hee, who will present several selected numbers.|
• This will be the first Winter Games to feature plus 100 events
• In total, 12 venues split between the PyeongChang Mountain cluster and neighboring city Gangneung coastal cluster will be used during the 17 days of the Games.
• The 50,000-capacity Olympic Stadium, which will host the opening and closing ceremonies, is one of six new venues being built.
• PyeongChang 2018 will be the most compact Winter Olympics ever with all key venues no more than a 30 minute drive from the PyeongChang Olympic Stadium
• PyeongChang2018 will introduce a six new events such as snowboard Big Air (men/ women), speed skating Mass Start(men/ women), Curling Mixed Doubles, Alpine Skiing Event will be added to the program
Sean Kim firstname.lastname@example.org
<저작권자 © 코리아포스트, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지>